Try this juicy sirloin strip steak paired with a tomato-caper sauce served over a bed of orzo and asparagus. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- Fleming Family Beef Sirloin Strip Steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup unsalted beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Press salt and pepper evenly onto beef steak. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steak in skillet; cook 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broth and wine to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until brown bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Add tomatoes, capers and garlic; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add asparagus during last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain; toss with half of the tomato mixture.
- Carve steak crosswise into slices. Serve steak over pasta. Spoon remaining tomato mixture over steak.
*Cook's Tip: Nutritional analysis of this recipe is based on pasta cooked without the addition of salt.