This super-simple hearty chili will warm you up combining rump roast, black beans, onions, salsa, and Tex-Mex spices.
- 2 lbs boneless Fleming Family Beef Rump Roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes (chili or zest-style)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa (room temperature)
Shredded Cheddar cheese, diced red onion, diced green onion, diced avocado and dairy sour cream (optional)
- Place Rump Roast, black beans, tomatoes, onion, chile powder, salt, cumin, and pepper into pot.
- Cook for 22 minutes using beef or stew setting.
- Assemble toppings for self-serve.
- When the chili is done, stir in the salsa.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm. Allow guests to garnish chili with toppings.